Department of Information Technology
The goal of the technology department is to advance education
for our Leonia School Community by infusing technology into the curriculum.
The Technology Department is comprised of two divisions:
Information Technology Services: The core function is to procure, deploy and maintain district hardware, software and network resources, and IT Services to provide the technological foundation to promote our primary strategies listed below.
Instructional Technology: Focuses on how staff utilizes the technology resources available in and out of the classroom.
- Instructional Technology also provides all technology-related professional development for all staff members in the district.
- Teachers and administrators use technology tools and strategies for continuous improvement of curriculum and instruction and to assess, gather, analyze, evaluate, and communicate information.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders-board members, central office, principals, teachers, parents, and students to implement effective technology practices
- Focus on goals to improve achievement and instruction
- Coherent Curriculum
- Data-driven Decisions
- Create a corps of instruction-focused administrators who foster an environment and culture conducive to the comprehensive integration of technology
- Create a system of ongoing professional development that responds to data-revealed needs that are connected to District goals
- Provide incentives for professional growth
- Continually learn, assess, and readjust practice