Leonia schools are proud to be STIGMA FREE!
- Proactively deliver the message to our community that stigma is destroyed through awareness, education, inclusion, and acceptance.
- Educate the public that mental illness is a health issue and must be treated as such while encouraging inclusion to help clear the path for health-seeking behaviors.
- Raise the awareness of stigmas in our society while educating our community about how negative perceptions and attitudes can impact people, specifically those who are struggling or vulnerable.
- Create a community that supports people and families who are living with mental illness, neurodiversity, disabilities, and autism.
- Encourage members of our community to live the values of respect and inclusion for all while giving residents a chance to become engaged with their community.
- Link people and families in need with resources and support.
Make the Pledge
Make the Pledge
“ I pledge to actively work towards stamping out the stigmas in society.
I will educate myself about how negative perceptions and attitudes can impact people, specifically, those who are struggling or vulnerable
I commit to live the values of respect and inclusion for all.
I will consider my responses and attitudes in everyday situations where I may judge a person who faces stigma.
I understand that stigma is destroyed through awareness, education, inclusion, and acceptance.
I will educate others and practice inclusion to help clear the path towards health-seeking behaviors and a stronger community.
It begins with me.”
The Borough of Leonia’s Stigma Free Task Force meets once a month and may meet on different days and times. For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org